Sunday, September 21, 2008

RACING IN SINGAPORE

... but only with slot-cars, so far! On Saturday afternoon I had the opportunity to race members of the public and media on Singapore's latest race track: in 1/32nd scale.



It was great to talk to people in Singapore and to get a feel for the enthusiasm they feel for their event - and our race: the Porsche SC Global Porsche Carrera Cup Asia.



For those who want to know... I was beaten!

PS. It has been pointed out to me by Singapore's über-journalist Tony Tan (from Torque magazine) that I rather left the Merdeka Race story hanging (see below). I rather jumped the gun by assuming I would be racing! We failed to qualify due to a mechanical problem which saw us miss one of the qualifying sessions. There's more to this story, involving cars being moved from over-subscribed classes to ours, but it's probably better we move on...

No comments: